Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chapter 1 - I'm married

So a bit about me... I'm married with 3 kids. 2 of my kids are my step kids, and the remaining child is biologically mine. I love my kids and my wife. I don't understand them most of the time, especially my wife, but I love them anyway.

My wife and I actually dated in high school and that didn't go so well. We lost track of each other for about 13 years and then our paths crossed again and we ended up married. To the romantically minded this might sound like a story of two soul mates who couldn't be kept apart. I, however, am not romantically minded. If fate brought us back together, fate has a very odd sense of humor. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I love my wife, I'm just not sure how us ending up married makes any sense in the whole big scheme of things. I tend to think that our being together is proof of chaos theory.

When we first started dating again I lived in Georgia and she live in Alabama. This lead to us traveling to each others place on weekends and so forth. I think the distance helped. I admit I was very leery of the whole thing since our dating in high school was such a disaster. Some people change, some people don't. When you reconnect with someone after a long time like that, its a crap shoot. Being in different states gave me the distance I needed to ease into the whole thing.

It's odd, looking back, at how everything worked out. A number of things surprise me as I look back. One, I'm shocked she ever came back to my apartment after the first visit. I was (am) a slob. My apartment wasn't someplace you wanted to spend a weekend. It was funny that she was afraid to poop there, she was actually afraid for me to smell her poop stink, like somehow I would be disappointed to find out that her shit does in fact stink. She would go to Mc Donalds down the road if she really had to go. Now days she has no problems with that, its actually quite the opposite. She wont' even close the door now and wants to carry on a conversation during her bowel movements, even when she's straining. Marriage changes you, sometimes in good ways, sometimes in not so good ways. I'm glad that she doesn't go to a store to poop anymore, but closing the door would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment